10th Anniversary of Summertime in Somerville
Fourth of July CELEBRATION at Trum Field
Thursday, July 3rd (Rain Date: July 10th)
6 p.m.-10 p.m.
Please join Mayor Curtatone and the City of Somerville for the Anniversary of 4th of July Fireworks, Thursday, July 3rd at Trum Field with live entertainment beginning at 6 p.m.
The entertainment lineup for the Fireworks includes performances by the Somerville SunSetters, local Disco-Funk band Booty Vortex, the USO Metropolitan New York Performers, and the U.S. Navy Band Northeast Pops Ensemble, leading up to a 30-minute fireworks display at approximately
9:15 p.m. In case of rain, the USO Metropolitan New York Performers and the U.S. Navy Band Northeast Pops Ensemble will perform at the East Somerville Community School at 7 p.m.
To ensure public safety and pedestrian access to events, several road closures and bus detours will be in place for both events. Traffic alterations will be as follows:
- Broadway (in front of Trum Field: No parking 8 a.m. -6 p.m.
- Broadway from Ball Square to Magoun Square: from 4 p.m. - midnight. Street closed from 5:00 pm – midnight
- Cedar Street from Morrison Avenue to the Bridge: No parking on either side from 8 a.m. - midnight. Traffic restricted to residents only from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. (from Morrison Ave. only). No access to street after 6:00 pm.
- Cedar Street from the Bridge to Broadway: No parking on either side from 8 a.m. - midnight. Street will be closed from 4 p.m. - midnight. Traffic restricted to residents only from 4 p.m. - 6: p.m. (from Morrison Ave. only). No access to street after 6 p.m.
- Franey Road: No Parking on either side from 4 p.m. - midnight. Street will be closed from 4 p.m. - midnight. Restricted area authorized personnel only.
- Charles E. Ryan Road: No parking on street on either side from 8 a.m. - midnight. Access restricted to residents from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. No access to street from 6 p.m- midnight.
Bus Schedule - the route for buses 80 & 89 will be rerouted from 5:00 pm - midnight.
Bus Route 80
Bus 80 from Lechmere will maintain regular route to Magoun Square, it will pass through Magoun Square and take a left onto Harvard Street to Warner Street until the Powderhouse Rotary where it will connect back to College Avenue and the regular route.
Bus 80 from Arlington Center will maintain regular route to Powderhouse Square rotary, take a right onto Harvard Street, right onto Main St., cross Magoun Square and return to regular route.
Bus Route 89
Bus 89 from Sullivan Square will maintain regular route to Winter Hill at Broadway and Main St. right onto Main St., Left onto Harvard Street to Warner Street, to the Powderhouse Rotary and return to the regular route.
Bus 89 from Clarendon Hill will maintain regular route to Powderhouse Rotary, around to Warner St., to Harvard St., right on Main St., left Broadway at Winter Hill to regular route.
Due to the large crowds and loud noise of the Fireworks the City recommends that attendees leave pets at home and not bring unnecessary bags or backpacks. All bags and backpacks are subject to inspection. For more information, please call 311.
FAMILY FUN DAY at Trum Field
Saturday, June 28th (Rain date: June 29th)
The City of Somerville will be hosting the Annual Family Fun Day for all those who are young at heart on Saturday, June 28th from noon- 5p.m. at Trum Field. The celebration includes a free BBQ, children's activities, face painting, Curious Creatures, Pony Rides and much much more!
To ensure public safety and pedestrian access to events the following traffic restrictions will be:
- Franey Road and Part of Charles E. Ryan Road will be closed to vehicular traffic from noon- 5 p.m.
- No parking of Franey Road and part of Charles E. Ryan Road from 8:am-6:00 pm