The City of Somerville is excited to offer an easy and secure way to view, print and pay real estate and personal property tax online. We support electronic presentment (viewing) and billing because it is more convenient for residents and better for the environment. For most bill types, online presentment and payment eliminates the need to print and receive paper bills, thereby lessening the destruction of forests for paper production.
The City, in partnership with Invoice Cloud, now accepts ACH debits/electronic checks (electronic fund transfer from your checking or savings account) and credit/debit card payments of bills. We feel that this service presents the best value for online presentment and payments for our residents. It offers premium security and ease of use all for less than the cost of a stamp.
Take Advantage Of This Great Opportunity To Make Your Life A Little Easier
- Access, view and pay your real estate or personal property tax or water/sewer bill online, at your convenience
- Paying your bill online is faster and cheaper than writing a check and mailing it
- You can pay with electronic check or credit/debit card
- You may choose to eliminate paper invoices to reduce clutter and help the environment
- You have the option to pay immediately, schedule a payment or sign up for Auto-Pay
- Pay online for less than the cost of a stamp, if you pay by electronic check
Use of a charge card or ACH will incur a convenience fee. The City of Somerville receives only your bill payment amount. Convenience fees cover various administrative costs associated with accepting payments and are non-refundable. The convenience fee when using credit cards is a percentage-based or flat rate fee that varies depending on the card type, amount and the type of bill you are paying. The convenience fee is automatically calculated and is shown on the payment page before you submit your payment for processing. Convenience fees will appear as a separate charge from the bill amount on your bank or credit card statement.
If you experience difficulty using online bill pay or there is an error in the Credit Card charge please, please call the Treasurer/Collector's Office at 617-625-6600 ext. 3500.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions click Here.