The Economic Development Department works with businesses of all sizes and types to support their growth and success in Somerville.
- Polling Place Workers Sought for Sept. 10 Election
- ‘Black, Brown & Queer Fest’ in Union Square on August 24
- Renovated East Somerville School Field Ribbon Cutting August 27
- Census 2020 Complete Count Committee Seeks Members/Volunteers
- Somerville Public Library Announces 2019 “Somerville Reads” Book Selection
- Washington St. and Washington Ave. Gas Main Work Through October
- Prescott St. Gas Work, Parking Restrictions Through September
- Pearson Rd. & Dearborn Rd. Gas Work, Parking Restrictions Through August
- Medford St. Bridge to Close Friday, May 17, 2019, Through Spring 2020
- Medford St. Between School St. and Walnut St. to Close April 6 and 7 for Homans Building Demolition
- Broadway Bridge Closure Management Plan
- Somerville Ave. Utility & Streetscape Improvements Project Updates
Programs & Initiatives
ArtFarm is Somerville’s proposal for a self-sustaining art and urban agriculture laboratory designed to foster community engagement and creativity.