Jun 23, 2018, 9:00 amDrop-In Q&A OpportunityThis summer and fall, representatives from the City of Somerville and the GLX team will be offering...
About the Event
Somerville, MA 02145
Join Mayor Curtatone for the Anniversary of 4th of July Fireworks with live entertainment. On Thursday, June 28, live entertainment at Trum Field will begin at 6:30 p.m. and include performances by the 215th Army Band, and local Disco-Funk band Booty Vortex, leading up to a 30-minute fireworks display at approximately 9:15 p.m.
To ensure public safety and pedestrian access to events, traffic and parking restrictions will be in place as follows:
- No parking at Trum Field, 8 a.m. to 10 pm.
- No parking from Ball Square to Magoun Square, 4 p.m. to midnight. Street closed from 5:30 p.m. to midnight.
- Cedar Street
- No parking 8 a.m. to midnight. Access for abutters only from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Street closed to all vehicles after 6:30 p.m.
- Franey Road
- No parking, street closed 3 p.m. to midnight.
- Charles E. Ryan Road
- No parking 8 a.m. to midnight. Access for abutters only from 3:00 to 6:30 p.m. Street closed to all traffic 6:30 p.m. to midnight.
- MBTA Buses 80 & 89 re-routed from 5:30 p.m. to midnight. See www.mbta.com for full detour information.
Due to the large crowds and loud noise associated with the Fireworks Celebration, the City recommends that attendees leave pets at home and not bring unnecessary bags or backpacks. All bags and backpacks are subject to inspection. For more information, please call 311 (or 617-666-3311), or visit www.somervillema.gov.
Special thanks to the Sloane family, Century Bank, Dean’s Concessions, Cataldo Ambulance, and our other sponsors for making these events possible.
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact the City’s ADA Coordinator, Nency Salamoun, at 617-625-6600 x2323 or[email protected].
Need special assistance? Request accommodations