How do I pay a parking ticket?
There are three ways to pay a parking ticket in the City of Somerville:
- Pay online: visit ParkSomerville.com
- Pay by phone: call 844-807-9069
- Pay in person: visit the Traffic & Parking Department at 133 Holland St.
If a parking ticket is not paid and you do not appeal the ticket within 21 days, late fees will be assessed.
How do I appeal a parking ticket?
If you think a parking ticket that was issued to you was not valid, you can appeal the ticket in three ways:
- Appeal online: visit ParkSomerville.com (please note that this can only be done within 21 days of being issued a ticket)
- Hearing by mail: mail a copy of the ticket along with a signed operator statement and any supporting documentation to Traffic and Parking, 133 Holland Street, Somerville, MA 02144. A decision will be mailed to you within 4 to 6 weeks.
- Hearing in person: a hearing will automatically be scheduled for any violations if not paid in full within 21 days. You will receive an overdue and hearing notice approximately 45 days after the issue date of the ticket. If you cannot attend the hearing on your scheduled date, please dial 311 (617-666-3311 from outside of Somerville). All in-person hearings are by appointment only.
In accordance with Massachusetts General Law, if you choose to appeal your ticket by mail or email, there will be no further right of appeal. If you wish to speak to a hearing officer in person, please wait 21 days for a hearing notice to be generated. As long as you attend your hearing, you will not be responsible for any late fees incurred. Once you receive your hearing date, if you are not able to attend, please call 311 to reschedule.
Please note that 311 cannot reschedule your hearing until a date has been set. Please do not call 311 to reschedule unless you have already received your hearing notice.