Important Deadlines and Dates for the November 3 General Election
Two important deadlines for the Tuesday, November 3, election are coming up.
The deadline to register to vote or update your party affiliation or address is Saturday, October 24, by 8 p.m. Massachusetts voters have the option to register online or via a paper form. To register by mail you can call (617) 625-6600 ext. 4200 and request a form be mailed to you, or you can download one from the Elections website, www.somervillema.gov/elections. Don’t forget that your form must be returned to the Somerville Elections Department by 8 p.m. on Saturday, October 24.
The deadline to request a vote by mail ballot is Wednesday, October 28, by 5 p.m. Vote by mail ballot applications were mailed to registered voters who did not previously request a ballot for the Nov. 3 election. Newly registered voters were mailed an application with their voter registration acknowledgment. Applications are also available at www.somervillema.gov/elections.
Both voter registration forms and vote by mail ballot applications can be returned by mail to Somerville Elections Department, 93 Highland Ave., Somerville, MA 02143 or through one of ten City drop boxes located around the city. Please keep deadlines in mind and remember that it may take several days for mail to reach the Elections Department. If a deadline is close, we advise you use a drop box to ensure your registration or application is received on time.
Drop boxes are located at:
- In front of City Hall, 93 Highland Ave.
- 31 College Ave. (at the corner of Morrison Ave.)
- Outside of the West Somerville Neighborhood School, 177 Powderhouse Blvd.
- At the entrance to the Winter Hill Community School, 115 Sycamore St.
- At the Glen Street entrance to the East Somerville Community School
- Near Fire Engine 7, 269 Highland Ave.
- In front of the Tufts Administrative Building, 167 Holland St.
- Near the Argenziano School, 290 Washington St.
- Near 351 Summer St. in front of the Dilboy Post
- Near 182 Summer St. in front of St. Catherine of Genoa Parish's parking lot (near the corner of Spring Street)
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact Nency Salamoun, at 617-625-6600 x2323 or [email protected].