Department of Public Works (DPW) Yard
1 Franey Rd.
Somerville, MA 02145
About Electronic Waste Recycling Program
Residents may drop off their electronic waste for recycling at the DPW Yard (1 Franey Rd) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Proof of residency, such as a driver's license, or utility bill is required.
The following items can be recycled as electronic waste:
- Desktop computers and laptops: With keyboard and mouse
- TVs and monitors: No broken glass
- Electronic cables
- Servers and server racks
- Networking equipment
- Electronic instrumentation
- Printers, copiers and scanners
- Battery backups
- Electronic and audio equipment
- Toner and ink cartridges
- DVDS, CDs, VHS players
- Household electronics and small appliances such as:
- Microwave ovens
- Irons, toasters, coffee makers
- Most small household items that can be plugged in
Please note: Many device retailers have recycling programs for select electronics, including Apple, AT&T, Best Buy, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon Wireless. The City of Somerville does not endorse any of these options, and residents should be aware that the details of each program differ. Please contact your selected retailer(s) directly for more information.
City Submits Proposal for Relocation of Public Safety Building to Former Site of Cobble Hill Shopping Center
Mayor Curtatone announced today that the City has formally submitted a borrowing authorization request and a request for appropriation to the Board of Aldermen to acquire the parcel at 90 Washington St.