Performs clerical duties according to standard office procedures; filing, typing of various documents, data entry on complex State Computer System. Register voters at City Hall. Verify voter signatures on nomination papers and initiative petitions. Communicate pleasantly and efficiently with candidates and Elected Officials. Be able to work holidays, evenings and Saturdays, when necessary. Understand that vacations cannot be taken during certain periods of the year. Reports to Chairman of the Election commission. Performs other duties as assigned during various times of the year.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be a registered voter in the Commonwealth (Chapter 140 of the Act of 1990)
- Must possess a valid Class D driver's license.
- Attention to detail essential.
- Ability to deal articulately with the public, both in person and over the telephone.
- Good health and ability to bend lift and carry 40 lbs. (voting machines weigh 40 lbs)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel and willingness to be trained in MUNIS.
- Must have data preparation experience.
Submit your resume with a cover letter by Wednesday, July 22, 2015, to:
City Hall Personnel Office
93 Highland Avenue
Somerville MA 02143
Email: [email protected]
The City of Somerville is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability or any other protected category. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. City of Somerville residents are especially encouraged to apply. Auxiliary aids and services, written materials in alternative formats, and reasonable modifications in policies and procedures will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities free of charge, upon request.