Board of Aldermen
The Board of Aldermen is the city’s legislative branch. Members are elected every two years (on the odd-numbered years). Four members serve at large. Seven members represent individual wards. The Board passes ordinances on a broad range of issues, from setting zoning laws to creating boards and commissions. It also has the power to approve or disapprove the Mayor's budget appropriations.
- John M. Connolly, Alderman At Large
- Mary Jo Rossetti, Alderman At Large
- Dennis M. Sullivan, Alderman At Large
- William A. White Jr., Alderman At Large (President)
- Matthew McLaughlin, Ward 1
- Maryann M. Heuston, Ward 2
- Robert J. McWatters, Ward 3
- Tony Lafuente, Ward 4
- Mark Niedergang, Ward 5
- Lance Davis, Ward 6
- Katjana Ballantyne, Ward 7 (Vice-President)
To formally submit items to the Somerville Board of Aldermen, click here.
To informally communicate with all of the Aldermen, click here.