Snow Emergency Lifted Effective 8 AM on Weds. Mar. 11
Last updated 3/11/15, 8:00 a.m.
- The citywide snow emergency and parking ban has been lifted as of 8 a.m. on Wednesday, March 10. Please keep reading for important information.
- Cars may now park on both sides of the street unless otherwise posted. However, drivers must leave 12 feet of clearance between their car and the car parked opposite them or they may be ticketed and towed. The vehicle parked farthest from the curb will be towed, regardless of which side of the street that vehicle is on. As always, regulations require cars to be within one foot of the curb.
- All cars must be cleared of snow by 8 a.m. Friday or they may be ticketed and towed.
- All parking meters are back in effect (as of 10 a.m. Weds.)
- Residents parked in municipal lots will had until 10 a.m. Weds. to move their cars from the lots. Cars that have not been moved will be ticketed and towed.
- Storm cleanup, including snow removal, repairs to streets, curbs, signs, meters, and more, is an ongoing process. We thank you for your patience.
- Winter safety info: click here.
- Contact us: If you have non-emergency questions, call 311
(617-666-3311) or visit our Facebook and Twitter feeds. For any emergencies, always call 911.
- Get tips on preventing flooding and dealing with melting snow here.
Click here for more information.