A public hearing for all interested parties will be held by the Design Review Committee.
About the Design Review Committee
The purpose of the Design Review Committee (DRC) is to assist the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals by providing design criteria, guidance and recommendations for those applications specifically referred to the Committee by either Board or as requested by the Applicant. The goal of design review is to maintain and enhance the character of the City; enhance the natural and aesthetic qualities of the City, preserve the value of land and buildings; and protect and preserve the cultural aspects and heritage of the City.
More specifically, design review is intended to:
- Maintain, protect and enhance existing buildings of historical and architectural significance,
- Foster new development that is aesthetically compatible with existing buildings and infrastructure,
- Encourage and assist building owners to restore and rehabilitate existing buildings in a cost effective, sensitive manner and in such a way as to be compatible with the surrounding neighborhood,
- Encourage originality and creativity in the design of new buildings and additions, or the remodeling of existing buildings, and
- Maintain and enhance the appearance of signage, new and existing.
Reports & Decisions