Feedback Sought on FY17 Community Preservation Act Applications
The Community Preservation Committee is considering $2.9 million in requests for historic preservation and open space projects for funding through the Community Preservation Act. Somerville residents are encouraged to share their thoughts about this year’s projects by participating in a variety of ways. Residents may attend public meetings and comment there or later in writing, watch videos of the meetings and comment in writing, and/or read about the projects online and submit written comments. This year, $880,415 in CPA funding is also available for affordable housing projects. The Affordable Housing Trust Fund will manage the application process for these funds.
Each applicant will present their projects at one of two public meetings—one on Wednesday, January 11, at 7 p.m. and another on Tuesday, January 31, at 7 p.m. Both meetings will be held at the Visiting Nurse Association, 259 Lowell St. The schedule for the presentations is as follows:
Wednesday, January 11, at 7 p.m.
- Rehabilitation of Grace Baptist Church, Somerville Hispanic Association for Community Development
- Somerville Museum ADA Project, Somerville Historical Society
- Milk Row Cemetery Open Space Master Plan and Implementation, City of Somerville
- Healey Schoolyard Landscape Design, City of Somerville
- Healey Schoolyard Property Acquisition, City of Somerville
- Butterfly Pocket Park at Morse Kelly, City of Somerville and Green and Open Somerville
Tuesday, January 31, at 7 p.m.
- Blessing of the Bay Boathouse Park Revitalization, Mystic River Watershed Association and Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Renovation of Henry Hansen Park, City of Somerville
- Somerville Community Growing Center Rehabilitation and Renovation, Friends of the Community Growing Center
- Community Path Survey, City of Somerville
- Winter Hill Community Schoolyard, City of Somerville
- ArtFarm, City of Somerville
Video or Online Review:
If you are not able to attend the meetings, information on all of the proposed projects is posted, and videos of the project presentations will be posted, at www.somervillema.gov/cpa.
Written comments will be accepted through March 16. Please send your comments to CPA Manager Kristen Stelljes by email to email@example.com or by mail to: City Hall, 93 Highland Ave., Somerville, MA 02143. You can reach Kristen with any questions at 617-625-6600 x2107.
The City of Somerville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability or any other protected category. Auxiliary aids and services, written materials in alternative formats, and reasonable modifications in policies and procedures will be provided to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities free of charge, upon request.
If you need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures in order to access this program, please contact the ADA Coordinator no later than seven (7) business days before the scheduled event at the address noted below:
Betsy M. Allen, 167 Holland Street, Room 207, firstname.lastname@example.org, (617) 625-6600, Ext. 2323 (Voice), (617) 808-4851 (TTY).