We’d like to help you avoid getting a parking ticket:
- 30-Day New Resident Parking Permits: To get a resident parking permit your car has to be registered in Somerville, but we do have a free 30-day permit you can use while you take care of that. You can apply for your 30-day resident parking permit online or by visiting the Traffic and Parking office at 133 Holland Street.
- One-Year Parking Permits: Once your car is registered, you can apply for a parking permit (valid for up to one year) online or by visiting the Traffic and Parking office at 133 Holland Street. We also offer visitor parking permits, and other types of parking permits.
- Street Sweeping: The City of Somerville has street sweeping from April 1 to December 31. Find out when your street is cleaned and sign up for reminder alerts on the City website.
- Snow Emergencies: We’d rather not think about it right now, but snow emergencies are just around the corner. Be prepared by taking a look at Somerville’s snow policies, which includes information about where you can and cannot park during a snow emergency.
Register to vote… and then vote:
Let’s keep in touch:
- Sign up to get alerts from the City of Somerville via phone, text message, or email. Find out why people love hearing from Jackie Rossetti.
- Reach out; we’ll be there. 311 is staffed 24/7 to answer questions and help with service requests. Call 311 or 617-666-3311 to reach a customer service representative or download the Commonwealth Connect app for iOS or Android.
- Sign up to receive the weekly City of Somerville newsletter, which includes information on upcoming events and a roundup of what happened the week before.
Like us. Really, really like us:
- If you’d prefer to keep in touch via social media, we’ve got you covered. Check out our social media page to connect with Somerville, City departments, and programs that you care about.
It’s OK to be trashy on the right day:
- Once you unpack, you’re going to have a lot of trash and recycling you’d like to get rid of. Find out which day your pickup is on (as well as several other useful pieces of information) by using our address lookup tool.
- We don’t just collect trash and recycling. Find out about yard waste collection, household hazardous waste drop-off, Electronics recycling, and more at somervillema.gov/trash
The answer is out there:
- Do you have a question that others may have wondered about before you? Check out our FAQs and see if the answer is already there.