The Summer Jobs Program gives City youth an opportunity to work within the community during the summer months.
- ‘Black, Brown & Queer Fest’ in Union Square on August 24
- Renovated East Somerville School Field Ribbon Cutting August 27
- Census 2020 Complete Count Committee Seeks Members/Volunteers
- Somerville Public Library Announces 2019 “Somerville Reads” Book Selection
- Annual Hydrant Testing Takes Place August 19-31; Rusty Water May Result Briefly
- Washington St. and Washington Ave. Gas Main Work Through October
- Prescott St. Gas Work, Parking Restrictions Through September
- Pearson Rd. & Dearborn Rd. Gas Work, Parking Restrictions Through August
- Medford St. Bridge to Close Friday, May 17, 2019, Through Spring 2020
- Medford St. Between School St. and Walnut St. to Close April 6 and 7 for Homans Building Demolition
- Broadway Bridge Closure Management Plan
- Somerville Ave. Utility & Streetscape Improvements Project Updates
Programs & Initiatives
Each year the Historic Preservation Commission honors residents who performed significant restoration or maintenance efforts on designated historic...