The Biosafety Committee works to protect the health, safety, and the general welfare of Somerville residents. The Committee promotes the development of clean and pollution-free industry through the regulation of the research and use of recombinant deoxyribonucleic acid (“rDNA”) and biological agents.
- Colin Zeigler, Inspectional Services Rep.
- Karin Carroll, Health and Human Services Rep.
- Elyse Belarge, Office of Sustainability and Environment Rep.
- William Hallinan, Fire Department Rep.
- Rachel Nadkarni, OSPCD Rep.
- Thomas Galligani, OSPCD Rep.
- Alex Vira, Community Rep.
- Academic expert ― Vacant
- Community Rep ― Vacant
- Francine Rogers, Academic expert
- Michael Switkes, Community Rep.
The Biosafety Committee typically meets once per month.
Please submit website feedback using this form. Be sure to include:
Thank you for your feedback!