The Buildings Division ensures that all City buildings and schools are safe, clean, and welcoming to all that enter. The Buildings Division:
- Maintains optimal performance of City buildings & schools by performing preventative maintenance and repair services to elevators, mechanical, HVAC and control systems, electrical, plumbing, alarm, and security systems.
- Performs interior/exterior repairs and renovations including physical support.
- Provides custodial and maintenance services, clearing of snow from all City-owned facilities and walkways, salting walkway surfaces.
You can submit a request about a City-owned building or school by contacting 311.
Services provided by the Buildings Division include:
- Plow, salt, sand, and shovel all schools, municipal buildings, and municipal lots during a snowstorm for safe access for the public and municipal employees.
- Provide installation, maintenance & repairs to various flagpoles and banners in order to maintain the beautification of the City.
- Provide custodial services to DPW buildings in order to maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Supervise outside Contractors for HVAC, fire safety, fire alarm, asbestos, security systems, pest control, elevator repairs, oil deliveries, and chemical treatments for all municipal buildings in order to provide a safe and healthy environment.
- Provide availability 24 hours a day to respond to City Agencies for the maintenance, security, and safety of all City buildings.
- Respond to emergency repairs on City-owned buildings within 24 hours of notification in order to provide a safe and clean environment.
- Respond within 4 days of notification to priority repairs in order to provide a safe and clean environment.
- Provide routine maintenance services on City-owned buildings on a scheduled basis in order to maintain buildings in a satisfactory condition.
- Respond to various work requests in a timely manner in order to provide a safe and clean environment.
- Respond to various work requests for furniture moves in a timely manner in order to provide a safe and clean environment.