About the Electrical Lights and Lines Division
The Electrical Lights and Lines Division provides maintenance and repair services to the City’s electrical communication systems, lighting, utility poles, and more.
Duties of the Division include:
- Maintain the Municipal firebox system and the private fire alarm systems to ensure compliance with City and State Regulations in order to support public safety outcomes.
- Maintain and repair citywide radio communications system in order to support public safety outcomes.
- Provide maintenance to utility poles, decorative poles, park lighting, walkways, and tunnels to support public safety.
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing electrical systems and assist all agencies in developing new electrical systems to ensure all City and State requirements are being met.
- Review other agencies compliance with City Standards and Local Ordinances to ensure uniformity of electrical and communication systems to maintain a safe environment.
- Provide emergency communication services to the general public and all City agencies to support public safety outcomes.
- Provide alternate methods of electrical power systems during commercial power outages in order to support public safety outcomes.
- Respond to and identify the locations of various underground utilities, such as, fire alarm conduit, cables, city underground telephone system & power systems to various lighting to avoid excavation conflicts with others and ensure the safety of the general public.
Please submit website feedback using this form. Be sure to include:
Thank you for your feedback!