Join Historic Preservation Commission for Tours of Milk Row Cemetery, Prospect Hill Tower
Friday, June 09, 2017
The Somerville Historic Preservation Commission (SHPC) and Historic Somerville announces its annual Docent Tours of historic sites in Somerville. For the first time, the series will also include Docent-led tours of the old Powder House, located between Ball Square and Teele Square. Tours are also available at the Milk Row Cemetery on Somerville Ave., and for the Prospect Hill Tower. Tours will be held as follows:
Prospect Hill Tower
- 2nd Thursday of each month, from May through September, 6 – 8 p.m.
- 3rd Saturday of each month, from May through September, 10 a.m. – noon
Old Powder House
- 1st Thursday of each month, from June through September, 6 – 8 p.m.
- 4th Saturday of each month, from June through September, 10 a.m. – noon
Milk Row Cemetery (adjacent to Market Basket))
- 3rd Thursday of each month, from May through September, 6 – 8 p.m.
- 1st Sunday of each month, from May through September, 2 – 4 p.m. (There is no tour Labor Day weekend, September 2nd, but there is a tour on September 10th)
In the event of inclement weather, tours are canceled.
For more information on the Docent Program, including how to volunteer, contact the SHPC Executive Director Brandon Wilson via 617-625-6600 ext. 2532, or [email protected], and to double check date changes via the City’s calendar www.somervillema.gov.
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact Nancy Bacci at 617-625-6600 x2250 or [email protected].