Somerville Comcast License Renewal Public Hearing Mon, February 13, 2023, 6 p.m.
All interested persons are invited to a public hearing on the draft proposal for the license renewal of Comcast Cable. The proposal sets guidelines for operations, service provision, licensing fees, and in-kind and capital contributions to the City via a federally regulated process for municipal issuance of local cable franchise licenses. The City of Somerville, by the Mayor as the statutory Cable License Issuing Authority or its designated hearing officer, will hold the Cable License Renewal Public Hearing on Monday, February 13, 2023, at 6 p.m. The hearing will be virtual and can be accessed online via Zoom or by phone. The draft proposal is available for public inspection at the Office of the City Clerk at City Hall, 93 Highland Ave. or online at somervillema.gov/2023licenserenewal.
How to Attend the Hearing
Please note that this public hearing will be remote, via Zoom, and can be joined at the following link or by phone starting at 6 p.m. on Monday, February 13:
Meeting ID: 846 1780 1153
One tap mobile
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kd7BeLKFhQ
How to Comment
- Attend the Hearing: Public comment is invited at the hearing. Please see the instructions for joining above.
- Submit written comment: If you cannot attend the hearing, written comment may also be submitted and received no later than Feb. 13, 2023, at 7 p.m. You may submit written comment one of three ways:
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- via drop-off to the Welcome Desk in the entrance of City Hall (Please address to Attn. Steve DeCarlo, Office of Cable Communication), or
- via mail to Attn. Steve DeCarlo, Office of Cable Communications, Communications Department, City of Somerville, 93 Highland Ave., Somerville, MA 02143.
|Persons with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication (i.e., CART, ASL), written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures in order to access the programs, activities, and meetings of the City of Somerville should please contact Adrienne Pomeroy in advance at 617-625-6600 x 2059 or email@example.com.|
|Interpretation into any language is available upon advance request (at least 7 days advance) by contacting the SomerViva Office of Immigrant Affairs at somervillema.gov/ContactSomerViva or calling 311 at 617-666-3311.|
|This event will be videotaped by the City’s GovTV team. Watch it on-demand with optional closed-captioning (select the CC icon) on YouTube.com/SomervilleCityTV. Or watch on cable TV at GovTV Comcast Ch. 22 and GovTV Astound (RCN) Ch. 13 & 613. Videos generally post within one business day of recording.|
Please submit website feedback using this form. Be sure to include:
Thank you for your feedback!