Somerville Historic Preservation Commission Announces Fall 2019 Events
Join SHPC and Historic Somerville for walking tours, bike tours, docent tours and more.
The Somerville Historic Preservation Commission, in partnership with Historic Somerville, announces their Fall 2019 events. All are free of charge and open to residents of all ages.
- Sunday, September 29: Ball Square Walking Tour with Historian Ed Gordon
- 2 – 4 p.m. Starts at Field House in Nathan Tufts Park (at Powder House Square)
- Sunday, October 6: “Tracking the T: A Historic Bike Ride in concert with the Somerville Bike Committee”
- 2-4 p.m. Starts at City Hall (93 Highland Ave.)
- Rain date: Sunday, October 13
- Sunday, October 20: “Ghosts of Somerville”
- 2 - 3:30 p.m., Milk Row Cemetery (Somerville Ave.
- Rain date: Sunday, October 27
- Docent Tours of Somerville’s Historic Sites
- Prospect Hill Tower: September 21, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.; October 10, 5-7 p.m.; October 19, 10 a.m.- 12 p.m.
- Old Powder House: September 28, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.; October 3, 5 – 7 p.m.; October 26, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Milk Row Cemetery: October 6, 2 – 4 p.m.; October 17, 5 – 7 p.m.
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact the City’s Manager of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Nency Salamoun, at 617-625-6600 x2323 or[email protected].