Somerville Police Officers, Center for Teen Empowerment to Host Second Annual Community Walking Dialogues in July & August
Thursday, July 13, 2017
The Somerville Police Department and the Center for Teen Empowerment, Somerville invite all community members to attend one of this summer’s planned Walking Dialogues, a series of discussions that aims to strengthen and maintain communication between police officers and the Somerville community. Remaining Walking Dialogues in July and August are as follows:
• July 13 - North Street Development, 3:00-5:00pm (Residents Only), Ward 7
• July 22 - Clarendon Hill Towers 11:30-4:00pm (Residents Only), Ward 7
• July 27 – Ward 2, meet at Dickerman Playground 4:00-6:00pm
• August 10 – Ward 5, meet at Trum Field Basketball Court 4:00-6:00pm
• August 15 - Mystic Development Event Dialogue (Residents Only) 3:00-5:00pm, Ward 4
• August 24 - Ward 6, meet at the Brown School 4:00-6:00pm
The Walking Dialogues grew out of a partnership between Teen Empowerment and the Somerville Police Department. Teen Empowerment hosts Youth-Police Dialogues with incoming members of the Police Department and Somerville youth to build positive relationships and foster community building. In 2016, the dialogues were brought into the Somerville community to engage more residents in the process.
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact Nancy Bacci, at 617-625-6600 x2250 or NBacci@somervillema.gov.