Start of Street Sweeping Delayed Until May 4 and Updates on Other City Services
The start of street sweeping in Somerville has been delayed by two weeks to Monday, May 4. Normally, street sweeping takes place from April 1 until December 31. As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 emergency, we will decide if the delay will be extended and share that information as it becomes available.
Below are updates on other City services while City buildings are closed:
- Trash and recycling collection remain on a normal schedule.
- Yard waste collection will begin on schedule during the week of April 20. Visit www.somervillema.gov/wizard to find out when your pickup day is.
- But please note, there will be no yard waste drop-off.
- Textile recycling (in the pink bags) is suspended until further notice.
- Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off days are suspended until further notice.
- E-Waste drop off is suspended until further notice.
- Rain Barrel Pick-Up Day is canceled, but the vendor will contact anyone who has placed an order.
For more information and regular COVID-19 updates, visit www.somervillema.gov/coronavirus and sign up for City alerts at www.somervillema.gov/Alerts. We urge you to sign up for every alert method you are able to receive: phone call, text, email. Also follow FB.com/SomervilleCity and @SomervilleCity.