Virtual Town Hall Series to Discuss COVID-19 Starts 5/12
Join us for a series of virtual town hall meetings with Mayor Joseph A. Curtatone where you can learn about local COVID-19 impacts and the City's response. Five meetings are planned - one geared toward a general audience and four tailored to specific communities.
Residents can participate and watch in a range of ways:
- join online via the Zoom teleconferencing platform,
- call into the Town Hall live via a phone,
- submit questions in advance either via an online form,
- or submit questions in advance by calling 311,
- watch live on City Cable TV,
- watch afterward on YouTube
Visit www.somervillema.gov/virtualtownhall at the start time of the meeting you would like to attend to join online or get call-in information. Call-in information will also be available on the day of each meeting on City Cable (channel 13 on RCN, channel 22 on Comcast) or by calling 311. The town halls will be recorded and made available through the City’s YouTube channel and cable channels. If you’re unable to attend a meeting live but would still like us to answer your questions, you can submit them ahead of time at www.somervillema.gov/virtualtownhall or call 311 starting Monday, May 11. Advance questions for specific meetings should be submitted by 12 noon the day of that meeting.
The meeting schedule is as follows:
- Seniors Town Hall - Tuesday, May 12, 7 to 8 p.m.
- Spanish Language Town Hall - Wednesday, May 13, 7 to 8 p.m. (meeting will be held in Spanish)
- Community Town Hall - Tuesday, May 19, 7 to 8 p.m. (for general public)
- Parents Town Hall - Thursday, May 21, 7 to 8 p.m.
- Youth Town Hall - To Be Announced (meeting is for teenagers / Somerville high school students)
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact Nency Salamoun, at 617-625-6600 x2323 or [email protected].