Town Halls on School District COVID-19 Planning (SCHEDULE UPDATE)
THREE Town Halls to focus on COVID-19 Planning for Somerville Public Schools
The Somerville Public Schools and the City of Somerville will be jointly hosting three upcoming (not four) online School Planning Town Halls (two in English, one multilingual) on local efforts to prepare for the 2020/2021 school year amid the coronavirus pandemic. In addition, due to the pandemic, the Somerville School Committee will be holding two additional summertime meetings.
The upcoming schedule is as follows:
- Monday, July 27: School Committee Meeting, 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 29: School Planning Town Hall: Introduction to Planning Efforts and Discussion
- Town Hall, 6:30 to 8 p.m. in English
- Due to the successful Multilingual SPS Reopening Meeting held on Thursday, July 23, the second multilingual session originally planned for July 29th, will now be merged with the multilingual meeting scheduled for Wednesday, August 5.
- Monday, August 3: School Committee Meeting, 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 5: School Planning Town Halls: Update on Planning Efforts and Discussion
- Multilingual Town Hall, 5 to 6:25 p.m. (Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Kreyol, and Nepali)
- Town Hall, 6:30 to 8 p.m. (English)
How to participate:
Watch: All meetings will be live-streamed. View them live on:
- City Cable TV and the Educational Channel (Channels 13 & 15 on RCN, Channels 15 & 22 on Comcast)
- City YouTube: youtube.com/SomervilleCityTV
- Via the City Website: somervillema.gov/TV (Select “Watch Live Stream”)
Join School Committee Meetings online:
- Instructions on how to join and comment at School Committee Meetings are located on the Schools website here.
Join Town Halls online or by phone:
- Town Halls are hosted on the Zoom teleconferencing platform and there will also be an option to call into the meeting from a phone.
- Visit www.somervillema.gov/virtualtownhall at the start time of the meeting you would like to attend to join live or get call-in information.
- The Somerville Public Schools will also send meeting information via their alert system to all student families and conduct additional multilingual outreach via the School’s Somerville Family Learning Collaborative.
- Call-in information will also be available on the day of each meeting on City Cable TV and the Educational Channel (channels 13 & 15 on RCN, channels 15 & 22 on Comcast) or by calling 311.