Short-Term Rentals in Somerville
A short-term rental is the rental of a residence for a duration of 30 consecutive days or fewer. Recently, short-term rentals have been popularized as an alternative to traditional lodging options by companies like Airbnb.
Click on the links below to learn more about Short-term rentals in Somerville:
- Short-Term Rentals Ordinance
Please note: This latest version of the ordinance was approved by the Legislative Matters Committee during its 5/16/2019 meeting. It will be brought to a vote by the full City Council at its 5/23/2019 meeting.
- 11/15/2018 Short-Term Rentals Presentation Slides
- 6/14/2018 Short-Term Rentals Presentation Slides
- Short-Term Rentals Community Survey
- Short-Term Rentals Current Guidelines