Somerville’s Cambridge Health Alliance Testing Site Moved to Assembly Square
As of Monday, July 20, the COVID-19 testing site previously located at the Somerville Hospital has moved to 133 Middlesex Avenue (near the former Kmart site) in Assembly Square. The testing site is part of a larger COVID-19 mitigation strategy by the City of Somerville in partnership with Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA). Patients can arrive at the site via vehicle, walking, or bicycle, and testing procedures will be the same as at the previous location:
- Patients must have an appointment to be tested. To make an appointment, call 617-665-2928 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.). CHA patients can also use their MyCHArt account to set up an appointment.
- Testing is free and insurance coverage is not a requirement, although CHA may ask for insurance information for administrative purposes. You will not be turned away if you do not have insurance.
- You do not need to have symptoms to be tested.
- Immigration status will not be checked.
- Testing is available for anyone eight years of age and older.
- Please bring a photo ID.
Patients will receive a phone call with their results, which could take up to five days to come in.
There is also a mobile testing unit that accepts patients at roaming locations throughout Somerville. To see the mobile site’s upcoming schedule visit the “Symptoms, Testing, & Medical Info” tab on www.somervillema.gov/COVID19 or call 311. To make an appointment at the mobile testing site please call 617-682-0583 (English); 617-398-7770 (Spanish); 617-684-5625 (Portuguese); 617-735-5553 (Nepali); or 617-625-6600 ext. 2622 (Haitian Creole).