About the Textile Recycling Pickup Program
The City offers free clothing recycling pickups. Do not place these items in your blue recycling bin. Rather, you may schedule pickups of clothing, shoes, and accessories. Your items will either be sorted for reuse (if in good condition) or recycled (if not usable).
Here’s how it works:
- Pickups for clothing, shoes, and accessories must be scheduled in advance. To arrange for a pickup, visit simplerecycling.com or call 866-835-5068.
- Pickup is offered several days a week, rather than only on trash day.
- Pack your items. Items may be placed in a plastic bag of any color or a closed cardboard box on your doorstep (not the curb!). Bags and boxes should not weigh more than 50 pounds. A person needs to lift them!
- All Somerville residents are eligible. All residents may participate even if the residence does not receive City trash services.
- Only certain items are allowed. You may include all types of clothing from infants to adults including coats, jackets, hats, purses, and shoes.
- For more information, visit our textile recycling vendor’s website at simplerecycling.com.
Please submit website feedback using this form. Be sure to include:
A description of the issue (if any)
A link to the affected pages
Thank you for your feedback!