Skip to main content

Outdoor Dining License Use of Public Space Fee Meetings

As part of the outdoor dining license, the City of Somerville will add a required use of public space fee along with the existing administrative fees. As stated at the beginning of the 2023 outdoor dining season, this portion of the license fee would start in 2024. 

On August 17th we had two sessions of our first public meeting on the use of public space fee structure and received such great input from the community.  
Please join us on September 14th for a follow-up meeting to share the proposed license fee for additional review and community feedback. 

Meeting times:
Outdoor Dining License Use of Public Space Fee Meetings

  • Thursday September 14, 9:00 – 10:30 am 
  • Thursday September 14, 6:00 – 7:30 pm  

* The City is hosting one daytime and one evening session to accommodate various work schedules

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 880 2959 2938
Passcode: 157480


This meeting will be offered in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. The City of Somerville can provide you with an interpreter in your language for free. To request an interpreter in any other language, please contact us at or call 311 (617-666-3311) at least 7 days in advance of this event.

Please submit website feedback using this form. Be sure to include:

A description of the issue (if any)
A link to the affected pages

Thank you for your feedback!