• Performs duties required for the enforcement of all parking rules and regulations.
• Under supervision and instruction, tickets illegally parked vehicles on overtime meters.
• Tickets for violation of resident parking ordinance; violation of street cleaning ordinance and violation of snow plowing and removal ordinances and violation of all other restricted areas.
• Patrols assigned areas on foot. Use of a vehicle only as directed by Supervisor.
• Prepares reports related to enforcement duties.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Ability to read and write in English.
• Ability to understand and interpret parking regulations and ordinances.
• Ability to walk considerable distances daily. Ability to pass physical examination.
• Must possess a valid current Class D driver’s license.
• Access to an automobile during all working hours.
• Bi-lingual and/or bi-cultural experience helpful.
Send your resume and cover letter by Monday, February 12th to:
City Hall Personnel Office
93 Highland Avenue
Somerville MA 02143
Email: [email protected]
City of Somerville residents are especially encouraged to apply.
The City of Somerville is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability or any other protected category. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Auxiliary aids and services, written materials in alternative formats, and reasonable modifications in policies and procedures will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities free of charge, upon request.
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact the City’s ADA Coordinator, Nency Salamoun, at 617-625-6600 x2323 or [email protected].