Performs a variety of complex clerical duties according to departmental procedures. Operates own customer service window; handles cash/credit transactions, as well as provides email and telephone customer service on a regular basis. Assists customers in all matters relating to the Department, including permitting and the ticket processing systems. Inputs all data entry into the Ticket Information Management System. Handles cash, check and credit card transactions. Performs a variety of other clerical duties as assigned by the Head Clerk or Parking Clerk using various software programs.
- Must have experience handling cash and payment processing transactions.
- Must possess excellent computer skills, including email (Outlook) and Microsoft Excel and Word and willingness to be trained in MUNIS.
- Superior customer services skills and the ability to work pleasantly and efficiently with the general public, in person, on the telephone and by email.
- Basic working knowledge of the functions of the Department and Municipal Government.
- Ability to refer customer inquiries to appropriate personnel for response, as well as follow through on customer service requests in a timely and courteous manner.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with figures essential.
- Must demonstrate ability to write clearly and grammatically; correct letters and other types of business correspondence.
- Performs well under stress and meets deadlines on time.
- Spanish/Portuguese/Creole speaking ability not required, but a plus.
Send your resume and cover letter by July 18, 2018 to:
City Hall Personnel Office
93 Highland Avenue
Somerville MA 02143
Email: [email protected]
City of Somerville residents are especially encouraged to apply.
The City of Somerville is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability or any other protected category. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Auxiliary aids and services, written materials in alternative formats, and reasonable modifications in policies and procedures will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities free of charge, upon request.
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact the City’s ADA Coordinator, Nency Salamoun, at 617-625-6600 x2323 or [email protected].