Skip to main content

The Constituent Services team helps residents to access City services, make service requests, and get in touch with specific departments. You can reach them by phone 24/7 by dialing 311 from within the City, or by going to the 311 Service Portal at If you're calling from a phone outside of the City, dial (617) 666-3311. For TTY callers, dial (866) 808-4851. Haitian Creole, Portuguese, and Spanish-speaking operators are available during regular business hours.

A 311 representative is stationed in the lobby of City Hall ready to help constituents in person during business hours.

A professional and friendly customer service team runs our Constituent Services department. They route your call to the appropriate department and keep track of requests with the digital 311 system. This way, we can:

  • Make sure calls and requests are answered quickly
  • Look for trends in service requests, and
  • Decide how to assign resources to the City’s different departments.

Our customer service representatives also work with residents calling about family and community issues by connecting them with City services that can help.

Contact Information

Monday - Wednesday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.

8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Phone (24/7)

(617-666-3311 outside of the City)


93 Highland Ave.
Somerville, MA 02143
United States

Employee Directory

Parking Tickets

The Parking Department handles things like parking regulations and street signs.

Visit the following links or call 311 if you need to:

If you need help paying or appealing a parking ticket, you can get help 24/7 by dialing 311. Please note that while our 311 representatives can help you to process a payment or make an appeal, they themselves cannot dismiss or adjust tickets.

Trash & Recycling

Use the Waste Wizard to find out when trash pickup is in your neighborhood, or to learn how to dispose of a particular item. You’ll also find a list of items that are safe and unsafe to put out with household trash or recycling.

Need to report a missed trash or recycling pick-up? Call 311 to make a service request, or make one online at

Service Requests

You can call 311 or go to to make a service request for things like:

  • Airplane noise
  • Animal control issues
  • Discolored water
  • Graffiti on public property
  • Missed trash or recycling pickup
  • Potholes
  • Sidewalk damage
  • Street sign or signal problems
  • Trees that need trimming
  • And more

Get the App

Download the 311 app to quickly and easily report potholes, get status updates on requests, and more.


Programs & Initiatives

Web-Based Registry Anti-Theft Program (WRAP)
A joint program with the Somerville Police, 311, and the City’s website to prevent the theft of bicycles and electronic devices and to solve crime.
Rodent Control and Public Education
The City of Somerville is committed to rodent control and public education. Together, we can combat this fact of city life.

Please submit website feedback using this form. Be sure to include:

A description of the issue (if any)
A link to the affected pages

Thank you for your feedback!