Residents may drop off their electronic waste for recycling at the DPW Yard (1 Franey Rd) Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 12 p.m. or between 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Proof of residency, such as a driver's license, or utility bill is required.
The following items can be recycled as electronic waste:
- Desktop computers and laptops: With keyboard and mouse
- TVs and monitors: No broken glass
- Electronic cables
- Servers and server racks
- Networking equipment
- Electronic instrumentation
- Printers, copiers and scanners
- Battery backups
- Electronic and audio equipment
- Toner and ink cartridges
- DVDS, CDs, VHS players
- Household electronics and small appliances such as:
- Microwave ovens
- Irons, toasters, coffee makers
- Most small household items that can be plugged in
Please note: Many device retailers have recycling programs for select electronics, including Apple, AT&T, Best Buy, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon Wireless. The City of Somerville does not endorse any of these options, and residents should be aware that the details of each program differ. Please contact your selected retailer(s) directly for more information.
Please submit website feedback using this form. Be sure to include:
Thank you for your feedback!