Please join the City of Somerville and Somerville Public Schools on Tuesday, June 12, to celebrate the first major milestone in the Somerville High School rebuilding project. A Groundbreaking Ceremony will be held in front of SHS beginning at 9 a.m. Attendees and speakers will include:
- Mayor Joseph A. Curtatone
- Superintendent of Schools Mary Skipper
- The Somerville School Committee
- The Somerville Board of Aldermen
- Somerville’s State Delegation
- Deborah Goldberg, Treasurer of Massachusetts
- Jack McCarthy, Executive Director of the Mass. School Building Authority
- The Somerville High School Building Committee
- City of Somerville Capital Projects and Planning Division
- Somerville High School leadership, staff & students
- Suffolk Construction
- PMA Consultants
The Ceremony will feature a brief speaking agenda followed by a “shovels in the ground” photo op. Light refreshments will be served.
Demolition on the “C” wing of Somerville High School will begin on June 22, 2018. Construction of a new high school is expected to be complete in fall 2021. For more information on the project’s history, an updated timeline, and other important information please visit www.somervillema.gov/highschool. At the site, you can also sign up for project email updates.
If you have any questions about the event or about upcoming construction, please email [email protected].
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact the City’s ADA Coordinator, Nency Salamoun, at 617-625-6600 x2323 or[email protected].