Nov 23, 2019, 9:30 amThe Somerville Public Library and St. Mark Community Education Program will host a free, 12-part Citizenship Interview Preparation Class on...
About the Event
Activities along Highland Ave. will include:
- Live music on two stages: performance line-up coming soon
- Flea and artisan craft market by Somerville Flea
- Aerial performances by Esh Circus Arts
- Parkour with Parkour Generations Boston
- Beer garden with Cuisine en Locale
- Learn to walk on stilts with Open Air Circus
- Hockey, football, and other games with Somerville Recreation
- Bouncy house
- Games with BuzzRoar Interactive
- Face painting
- Martial arts performance and demonstration class with Villari's Martial Arts Center of Somerville, MA
- Explore a fire truck and ambulance
- Community vendors & local businesses
- And More!
Check out the facebook event for updates! https://facebook.com/events/476028752944697/
Sunday, Oct 20: Monster Mashed-Up: Somerville Ave. (Hawkins St. to Park St.)
(Rain Date: Oct 27)
All events are 2-6pm, the August and September festivals are rain or shine
SomerStreets is the City of Somerville’s take on the internationally-renowned Open Streets concept, closing busy city streets to vehicles, and opening them up for cycling, walking, dancing, running, and other modes of activity. Through SomerStreets, the City and its community partners aim to promote and encourage easy access to physical activity, and reconnecting with neighborhoods and businesses and their unique cultural elements in a thriving urban environment.
SomerStreets builds on the Shape Up Somerville healthy living initiative. Similar open streets events take place all around the world, providing space normally taken up by automobile traffic for people to be more active.
SomerStreets is an annual series that takes place one Sunday per month June through October.
Craft vendors are being curated by the Somerville Flea.
If you have questions or are interested in volunteering, please contact: Nina Eichner, Special Events Manager, at (617) 625-6600 ext 2998 or [email protected]
Need special assistance? Request accommodations