Public meeting of a regional group with participants and topics of discussion that relate to the metro Boston region. The meeting will be held in person as well as virtually.
About the Event
The SomerStreets 2021 season will start in a modified format, featuring a series of smaller events on Saturday and Sunday, June 5 and 6 (rain dates June 12 and 13). Performances will be limited to 150 attendees, and most will require a ticket to attend. Tickets are free, but attendees will need to preregister through the Somerville Arts Council at somervilleartscouncil.org/somerstreets.
Here is this year’s lineup:
Saturday, June 5
- 11 a.m.: Fabville & Fab Foundation presents Carnaval Mask Making (Virtual Workshop)
- 2 p.m: Salsa Dance Instruction by Salsa y Control Dance Company at East Branch Library (115 Broadway)
- 3 p.m.: Salsa Music by Monolo Mairena at East Branch Library (115 Broadway)
- 6 p.m.: After-party: Dinner and Mariachi Music at Rincon Mexicano (99 Broadway)
Sunday, June 6
- 11 a.m.: Live music by Lechuga Fresca at the East Somerville Market at Deano’s Pasta (15 Garfield Ave.)
- 2 p.m.: Samba Dance Instruction by SambaViva at the East Branch Library (115 Broadway)
- 3 p.m.: Samba Music by Grupo Camarote at the East Branch Library (115 Broadway)
- 6 p.m.: After-party: Dinner & Music by Singer Edlaine Faria at Gauchao Brazilian Cuisine (102 Broadway)
SomerStreets: Carnaval is organized by the City of Somerville, the Somerville Arts Council, and East Somerville Main Streets. For information on how to participate in any of the SomerStreets events, go to somervilleartscouncil.org/somerstreets or contact Iaritza Menjivar, Special Events Manager, at (617) 625-6600 ext. 2998 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If applicable, any related agendas, minutes, audio/video recordings, and other materials will appear here.
This is a special meeting of the Somerville Redevelopment Authority.
Community members are invited to join Mayor Katjana Ballantyne and the City Council at the Fall 2023 City Hall Community Meetings.
Please submit website feedback using this form. Be sure to include:
Thank you for your feedback!