May 28, 2022, 9:00 amJoin your favorite local food producers for the 18th Annual Union Square Farmers Market! Shop local every Saturday from May 14-October 29...
About the Event
The City of Somerville will host its annual Fourth of July Fireworks Celebration at Trum Field on Wednesday, June 30 (rain date July 1).
Live entertainment at Trum Field will begin at 7:00 p.m. with DJ Brother Cleve playing pop, soul, funk, and other classic tunes followed by Booty Vortex taking the stage at 8:30 p.m. Fireworks will begin at approximately 9:45 p.m.
While fireworks attendees are not required to wear masks, anyone who is not fully vaccinated is advised to wear one whenever they are in a crowd.
To ensure public safety and pedestrian access to events, traffic and parking restrictions will be in place as follows:
- No parking from Cedar Street to Charles E. Ryan Road (eastbound), 8 a.m. to midnight.
- No parking from Ball Square to Magoun Square, 4 p.m. to midnight. Street closed from 5 p.m. to midnight.
- Cedar Street
- No parking 8 a.m. to midnight. Streets closed 4:30 p.m. to midnight.
- Franey Road
- No parking and street closed, 3 p.m. to midnight.
- Charles E. Ryan Road
- No parking 8 a.m. to midnight. Access for abutters only from 4 to 6 p.m. Street closed to all traffic 6 p.m. to midnight. MBTA Buses 80 & 89 rerouted from 5 p.m. to midnight. See www.mbta.com for full detour information.
Due to the large crowds and loud noise associated with the Fireworks Celebration, the City recommends that attendees leave pets at home and not bring unnecessary bags or backpacks. All bags and backpacks are subject to inspection. For more information, please call 311 (or 617-666-3311), or visit www.somervillema.gov.
NOTE FOR SENIORS: If you would like to join the COA reserved seating area, please call Connie at 617-625-6600 ext. 2319 Transportation available
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication (i.e., CART, ASL), written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings should contact Nancy Bacci in advance at 617-625-6600 x2250 or NBacci@somervillema.gov.
Need special assistance? Request accommodations