Classes offer a session of gentle, easy-to-follow movements meant to be performed while sitting or standing.
About the Event
The City of Somerville will offer limited household hazardous waste (HHW) drop-off service to residents. Residents may dispose of eligible items each Thursday in November and December, excluding Thanksgiving, between 4 and 7:30 p.m. at the Department of Public Works yard. Drop-off will be canceled in the event of heavy snow. HHW will not be accepted outside of the designated hours.
This limited service is open to residents only, not contractors or businesses. Proof of residency, such as a driver's license or utility bill, is required and must be presented at the guard shack. Each resident should bring no more than what can fit in a car trunk. All HHW must be properly contained and transported in cardboard boxes. Any materials brought in a trash bag or plastic bag will not be accepted. The following items and quantities are eligible for drop-off:
- Motor oil (up to 2 gallons, labeled, in a tightly sealed container)
- Oil paint or varnish (up to 12 cans, 1 gallon each)
- Aerosol paint (up to 12 cans or spray paint bottles, 1 gallon each)
- Household cleaning chemicals (up to 12 small bottles)
- Rechargeable batteries (up to one grocery bag)
- Gasoline (up to 2 gallons, labeled, in a tightly sealed container)
- 20-pound propane tanks
For general information about trash, recycling, and waste disposal services, go to somervillema.gov/sanitation.
If applicable, any related agendas, minutes, audio/video recordings, and other materials will appear here.
Need special assistance? Request accommodations
Please submit website feedback using this form. Be sure to include:
Thank you for your feedback!