Lunch available following Bingo.
About the Event
Community members are invited to join Mayor Katjana Ballantyne and the City Council at the Fall 2023 City Hall Community Meetings. These meetings are held twice a year in each of Somerville’s seven wards to share the latest City and neighborhood updates with community members. They are an opportunity to get an overview of the latest City news, learn more about City programs and initiatives, meet your neighbors, find ways to get involved, and talk with elected officials and City staff.
In-persons meetings start with a social half-hour with pizza and kid-friendly, healthy snacks, where you can chat one-on-one with elected officials including the Mayor and your Ward City Councilor or At-Large City Councilors as well as staff about issues important to you. The meeting then includes presentations by the Mayor and staff on projects in your neighborhood, updates on citywide initiatives, and a look at neighborhood crime stats followed by a roughly 20-minute open Q&A.
All Ward meetings will be held in person and one all-virtual, all-ward meeting will be held on Zoom and will be accessible online or by any phone. Two additional, all-ward meetings will take place in person: one in Spanish and one in Portuguese. All in-person meetings will be recorded for later on-demand or TV viewing.
Fall 2023 Community Meeting Schedule
Meetings run from 6:30 to 8 p.m., with refreshments and meet-and-greets starting at 6 p.m. Unsure about which ward you live in? Find out with the MySomerville address lookup tool at www.somervillema.gov/mysomerville.
- Ward 7 (West Somerville, Teele Sq., and more): Tues., October 3, West Somerville Neighborhood School Cafeteria, 177 Powder House Blvd.
- Ward 6 (Greater Davis Sq. neighborhood and more): Thurs., October 5, Somerville Community Baptist Church, 31 College Ave.
- Ward 4 (Winter Hill, Ten Hills, and more): Tues., October 10, Healey School Cafeteria, 5 Meacham St.
- Ward 1 (East Somerville, Assembly Sq., and more): Weds., October 18, East Somerville Community School Cafeteria, 50 Cross St.
- Ward 5 (Magoun Sq., NE Ball Sq., Cedar & Lowell St. areas, NW Porter Sq., and more): Thurs., October 19, Kennedy School Cafeteria, 5 Cherry St.
- Ward 3 (N. Union Sq., Prospect Hill, Spring Hill, Central Hill, and more): Mon., October 23, Somerville High School Cafeteria, 81 Highland Ave.
- Ward 2 (S. Union Sq., Perry and Lincoln Park neighborhoods, Beacon St. area, and more): Weds., October 25, Argenziano School Cafeteria, 290 Washington St.
- All-Ward Meeting in Portuguese: Thurs., October 26, East Somerville Community School Cafeteria, 50 Cross St. This meeting will also be livestreamed on the City of Somerville YouTube page, and shared on Portuguese language Facebook page fb.com/SomervilleCidade.
- All-Ward Meeting in Spanish: Weds., November 1, East Somerville Community School Cafeteria, 50 Cross St. This meeting will also be livestreamed on the City of Somerville YouTube page, and shared on the Spanish language Facebook page fb.com/SomervilleCiudad.
- All-Ward Virtual Meeting: Thurs., November 2, on Zoom with interpretation into Spanish and Portuguese, as well as other languages by request. You may join online or call in on any phone. For sign-in information, please visit somervillema.gov/communitymeetings or call 311 at 617-666-3311.
|Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact the ADA Coordinator, Adrienne Pomeroy, at 617-625-6600 x2059 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Interpretation into your language is available for all meetings upon advance request by contacting the SomerViva Office of Immigrant Affairs at email@example.com or calling 311 at 617-666-3311. Interpretation availability is also being advertised in Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Kreyol, Nepali, Mandarin, and Cantonese.|
|This event will be videotaped by the City’s GovTV team. Watch it on-demand with optional closed-captioning (select the CC icon) on YouTube.com/SomervilleCityTV. Or watch on cable TV at GovTV Comcast Ch. 22 and GovTV Astound (RCN) Ch. 13 & 613. Videos generally post within one business day of recording.|
If applicable, any related agendas, minutes, audio/video recordings, and other materials will appear here.
Need special assistance? Request accommodations
Come kick off the Holidays with the annual Christmas Tree Lighting on the City Hall Concourse.
Join for the opportunity to ask Inclusionary staff any questions about the Inclusionary Housing Program.
Please submit website feedback using this form. Be sure to include:
Thank you for your feedback!